Thigh high boots are a stylish and versatile addition to any wardrobe, but finding the right pair can be challenging for plus-size women. Many brands don’t offer extended calf sizes, leaving those with wider legs feeling discouraged and excluded. However, there are options out there for thigh high boots that fit comfortably and flatter plus size legs. Here are some tips for finding the perfect pair:
Finding the Right Thigh High Boots for Plus Size Legs:
When it comes to finding the perfect thigh-high boots for plus-size legs, fit is key. The last thing you want is to struggle to pull them up over your calves or have them be too tight around your thighs. Here are some tips to help you find the right fit:
- Measure your calves and thighs: Take a tape measure and measure the widest part of your calves and thighs. Write down these measurements and compare them to the size charts provided by the brand you’re interested in purchasing from.
- Look for stretchy materials: Boots made from stretchy materials like lycra or spandex can provide a more comfortable and accommodating fit for plus-size legs.
- Consider a wider calf circumference: Some brands offer thigh-high boots with wider calf circumferences to accommodate those with larger calves.
- Try before you buy: If possible, try on the boots before making a purchase to ensure they fit comfortably. If you’re shopping online, consider purchasing from a brand that offers free returns so you can try them on at home and return them if they don’t fit properly.
By taking the time to find the right fit, you can enjoy the comfort and confidence that comes with wearing thigh-high boots that fit your plus-size legs perfectly.
Choosing the Right Style:
When it comes to choosing thigh-high boots for plus-size legs, there are a few style considerations to keep in mind. Here are some tips to help you choose the right style:
- Heel height: Thigh-high boots come in a range of heel heights, from flat to sky-high. For plus-size legs, it’s best to avoid stiletto heels, as they can be uncomfortable and difficult to walk in. Instead, look for boots with a chunky heel or wedge, as they provide more stability and support.
- Material: Thigh-high boots come in a variety of materials, including leather, suede, and synthetic fabrics. When choosing a material, consider the climate where you live and the intended use of the boots. Leather and suede boots are great for colder weather, while synthetic materials are more versatile and can be worn in any season.
- Color: Thigh-high boots come in a range of colors, from classic black and brown to bold hues like red and purple. When choosing a color, consider your personal style and the other items in your wardrobe. Neutral colors like black and brown are versatile and can be worn with a variety of outfits, while bolder colors can make a statement and add some fun to your look.
- Detailing: Thigh-high boots can also come with various detailing, such as zippers, buckles, and laces. These details can add some interest to your boots and give them a unique look. However, be careful not to choose boots with too many details, as they can be overwhelming and distract from the rest of your outfit.
- Comfort: Finally, make sure you choose thigh-high boots that are comfortable and fit well. Look for boots with a stretchy material or a zipper that allows you to adjust the fit. Additionally, make sure the boots provide adequate support and cushioning for your feet.
Pairing Thigh High Boots for Plus Size Legs with Outfits:
Thigh-high boots are a statement piece that can add instant glamour to any outfit. For plus-size women, pairing thigh-high boots with the right outfit can create a flattering and chic look. Here are some outfit ideas to pair with thigh-high boots for plus-size legs:
- Mini Dress: Pairing a thigh-high boot with a mini dress is a classic look that never goes out of style. A fitted mini dress paired with a heeled thigh-high boot can create an elongating effect on the legs. Choose a dress that flatters your body type and add a belt to cinch in your waist.
- Oversized Sweater: An oversized sweater paired with thigh-high boots creates a cozy and chic look. This is a perfect outfit for a casual weekend outing or a night in with friends. Make sure the sweater is long enough to cover your hips and pair it with leggings or skinny jeans to balance out the volume on top.
- Skirt: A midi or maxi skirt paired with thigh-high boots is a fashion-forward look that can be dressed up or down. A flowy maxi skirt paired with a chunky heeled boot is perfect for a boho-chic vibe, while a midi pencil skirt paired with a stiletto boot creates a sophisticated look.
- High Waisted Jeans: High waisted jeans paired with thigh-high boots can create a flattering and elongating effect on the legs. Choose a pair of skinny or straight-leg jeans and tuck them into the boots for a seamless look. Add a blouse or blazer to complete the look.
- Shorts: Shorts paired with thigh-high boots are perfect for a summer night out. Choose a pair of high-waisted shorts and pair them with a blouse or crop top. Add a jacket or blazer for a more polished look.
When pairing thigh-high boots with an outfit, it’s important to balance out the volume and proportions. Avoid pairing thigh-high boots with loose or baggy clothing as this can create an unflattering silhouette. Instead, opt for fitted or tailored pieces to create a streamlined and chic look.
Choosing the Right Material:
When it comes to thigh-high boots, it’s important to choose the right material to ensure both comfort and style. Here are some materials to consider:
- Stretchy materials: Thigh-high boots made from stretchy materials like spandex or Lycra are great for plus-size legs as they provide flexibility and stretch to accommodate larger calves.
- Leather: Leather is a classic material that is both stylish and durable. Plus-size women can opt for a pair of leather thigh-high boots that have a stretch panel in the back or a lace-up feature to provide a comfortable fit.
- Suede: Suede is a softer and more flexible material than leather, making it a good choice for plus-size legs. It’s important to note that suede requires more care and upkeep than leather.
- Synthetic materials: Synthetic materials like faux leather or suede are often less expensive than their real counterparts and can be a great alternative for those on a budget. They can also be more forgiving and stretchy, making them a good choice for plus-size legs.
- Denim: Denim thigh-high boots are a unique and stylish option for those who want to add some edge to their outfit. They are typically made with a combination of denim and stretchy materials to provide a comfortable fit for plus-size legs.
In conclusion, thigh high boots can be a stylish and empowering addition to any wardrobe, regardless of size. With the right fit, style, and material, plus size women can confidently rock this fashion staple. So don’t be afraid to try on a pair and step out in style!